Autor Nachricht
wahley
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #224945 Verfasst am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 22:05
Themenersteller
Relax
Hi Ihr

Ist euch das noch nicht aufgefallen? Laut nolimitscoaster.de gibts in den nächsten Tagen das neue Update 1.58 !!!
Also ich freu mich drauf!

Orginaltext:
Zitat 2006-02-12
The beta testing phase for the Intel Mac Universal Binary is over. We tested it successfully on the new iMac 2Ghz Core Duo with 128 MB VRAM. I works quite promising. A new 1.58 full-release, demo-release and update for users of the previous full-release will come out the next days. Special thanks go to Dennis Klein for the great beta testing.

Oder verstehe ich den Text falsch und es geht nur um die MAC Version?

Gruß

wahley

Gruß,
Tobi
The one & only: 9 Fahrten "Blue Fire" - Front Row (während regulärer Öffnungszeit - 25.04.09) - inn...
duddi
Aufsteiger Andreas Duttine

Deutschland . BY

Link zum Beitrag #224949 Verfasst am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 22:18
1 mal bearbeitet, zuletzt am 19.02.2006 22:19
Relax
Es geht nur um die Mac Version!

Ole Lange I hope all NoLimits users are doing well in the New Year. I am working hard on NL2, but I decided to interrupt the work and spend a few minutes on the NL1.x Mac version.
A friend of mine bought one of the new iMacs using an Intel CPU and I was surprised how well NoLimits is performing on it even though it is being emulated using Rosetta. Anyway, I am still oweing the mac users an update with the enabled GL 1.5 vertex engine so I decided to work on a special update especially for mac users. It will be called 1.58 and will only be available for macs. It will include the following changes:

* GL 1.5. extensions (typically available under 10.3. or newer)
* Universal Binary (UB) for PowerPC and i386
* Overall optimizations for Mac computers
* Special optimizations for computers using ATI hardware
* Bug fix for failed link to .nltrack files on Tiger

The GL1.5. extensions are very important for the higher detailed cars and brake objects introduced in the 1.55 update and I already wanted to include them in the current Mac update but I decided to drop them because I experienced some weird behaviour on one of the earlier 10.3. systems. Apple seems to have fixed these issues by now, at least it runs stable on 10.3.9. and newer on my machine.
Since NoLimits was already developed having platform independance in mind, porting it for UB was pretty easy and done in a few minutes. The Update basically is finished and we are beta testing the UBs on the new iMac right now. The update will come out probably next week, Mac OS 10.2.8 is required and 10.3.9 or newer recommended.

Liebe Grüße

Andy
[Hat man euch nicht vor uns gewarnt?]
I think the world must learn to forgive... (Kai Streicher, 2008)
wahley
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #224962 Verfasst am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 22:34
Themenersteller
Relax
schade!!!

Gruß,
Tobi
The one & only: 9 Fahrten "Blue Fire" - Front Row (während regulärer Öffnungszeit - 25.04.09) - inn...
Frossi
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . RP

Dabei!
Link zum Beitrag #224963 Verfasst am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 22:35 Relax
Es heißt aber auch dieses Jahr soll v.1.6 rauskommen. Also am 31.12.06 können wir es dann warscheinlich saugen S
wahley
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . NW

Link zum Beitrag #224966 Verfasst am Sonntag, 19. Februar 2006 22:39
Themenersteller
Relax
es heißt, dass wenn überhaupt NL 2 rauskommt!!!

Gruß,
Tobi
FrisbeeFanFirthy
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . HB

Link zum Beitrag #225028 Verfasst am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 07:33 Relax
wahley es heißt, dass wenn überhaupt NL 2 rauskommt!!!

Jaha... aber das frühestens 2010...
MF2001
Aufsteiger

Deutschland . BW

Link zum Beitrag #225031 Verfasst am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 08:52 Relax
wahley es heißt, dass wenn überhaupt NL 2 rauskommt!!!

Vorher kommt noch das 1.6 Update...
Thunderstorm
Einsteiger

Äthiopien

Link zum Beitrag #225091 Verfasst am Montag, 20. Februar 2006 13:38 Relax
Wos dann lecker B&M Züge Update gibt S
Und hoffentlich auch die Schiene etwas damit es endlich am Lift noch etwas realer aussieht und die Verbindungen zu den Supports schon dabei sind wie z.b. beim Euro Fighter S

MfG
Coaster-Ray
Einsteiger

Deutschland . HE

Link zum Beitrag #225661 Verfasst am Dienstag, 21. Februar 2006 19:34 Relax
Naja immerhin mal was neues-_-
Auch wenn es den meisten Usern hier nicht viel bringen mag.
Aber naja wie auch immer. Er arbeitet hart dran das bedeutet doch schonmal einiges...! S

, Ray
duddi
Aufsteiger Andreas Duttine

Deutschland . BY

Link zum Beitrag #226140 Verfasst am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 16:29 Relax
Es ist nun verfügbar!

Ole Lange 2006-02-22
The new update 1.58 for Mac OS X is out. See below for details about what is new. I definitely recommend to download and install this update for users of the new Intel iMacs. NoLimits is one of the first games/simulations that run natively on Intel equipped Macs as a Universal Binary. For other Macs, the new update might also be usefull to speed things up because it contains some optimizations that are worth checking them out. After enabling the GL1.5 Vertex Engine option, the framerates were increasing between 10% and 200% depending on the type of track on my Mac. My Mac might not be the best representation for the speed increase, other Macs might show different behavior. As a general rule of thumb, the new Vertex Engine should increase the framerates especially when there are a lot of brakes, friction tires or high detailed cars on a track. Wooden coasters are a different cathegory, they were already optimized quite well and they will not benefit as much as steel coasters from the new option.
You can download the update over here. Be sure to reload the page in case it still shows 1.55 as the latest update.

Benutzt hier irgendjemand die Mac Version?

Liebe Grüße

Andy
[Hat man euch nicht vor uns gewarnt?]
I think the world must learn to forgive... (Kai Streicher, 2008)
Nächster neuer Beitrag in diesem Forum Nächster neuer Beitrag